Windows play a significant role in building’s appearance, but more than that – good system is necessary to achieve a good functionality of a space. This means, namely, brightness indoors – money saving, since artificial lightning is used less. Good windows improve energy-efficiency – let no drafts and less use of heating in winter and less conditioning and stuffiness in summer.
Glass in windows tends to break or wear and tear eventually. Problems can cause damage to your comfort and finances. With that, consider glass replacement. They come in variety of types – each one for concrete budget and needs. In this article we can help you choose an option. This would be helpful for those, who are installing windows in a space they just moved. Remember:
Beforehand to estimate the cost of their restoration on a turn-key basis – it will definately be cheaper, faster and less truoublesome than installation of new windows.
Annealed Window Glass
Annealed glass is a good choice for spaces that require a protection against external conditions – they are resilient and tough because of their method of making. It is also one of the cheapest options of window panes.
Annealed glass benefits:
- Stress-resistance – special technology gives glass it’s characteristics of toughness. It can be treated in many ways and still not break – polishing, cutting, drilling etc.
- It is easy to make – therefore a price is low.
- It can be processed in multiple ways to achieve custom characteristics like curves and so on.
Unfortunately, Annealed glass is prone to a strong straight physical force. It breaks in big dangerous shards – not the best choice for a space that demands safety.
Low-E Window Glass
Low-emissive glass minimizes amount of infrared and ultraviolet light that gets inside. They also let in less heat. Yet it does not decrease amount of light itself. This is achieved with a thin coating on Low-E glass.
Low-E glass benefits:
- Space stay cooler in summer and warmer in winter – more comfort, energy- and cost-effectiveness.
- They protect from infrared and ultraviolet.
- They do not need any special maintenance – a coat is placed inside glass.
Strong enough, they are good for almost any use. But a price is relatively high too.
Tempered Window Glass
Tempered glass is used all around us – from microwaves to car’s windows. It is strong, safe type of panes with a price just a little more than Annealed.
Tempered glass benefits:
- Safety – when it breaks, there are a lot of small, rounded shards.
- Durability – it is stronger than any type of glass described in the article.
- Quality – they are transparent, energy-efficient and heat-resistant.
- Flexibility – tempered glass can take lots of shapes and be colored when making.
Yet this type of panes is quite expensive.
Reflective Window Glass
This type is also called privacy glass. Not that they increase aesthetics – they also protect insides from other’s eyes.
Reflective glass benefits:
- Can be colorful.
- Visual protection – it makes a space to be much comfortable and safe.
- The Sun still can get in – you can actually choose how much of light you want to let in when choosing tint intensity.
- Fancy, dynamic aesthetics – building reflects clouds, rainbow etc.
Argo’s Other Window Services
Our main profile is the restoration of windows and glass.