For safety and additional strength we will offer tempered glass of the highest quality. For a better UV protection, the panes can be also Low-e or tinted/reflective[+more]
The word "glass" evokes in our minds a connection with something fragile, fragile, something that can collapse at any moment, scatter into smallest pieces. But progress does not stand in one place and its achievements allow beautiful products to give also unprecedented strength and safety. New requirements in modern construction are being met by the emergence of new materials with unique qualities.
Tempered glass has become one of such beautiful, transparent, elegant and at the same time very reliable materials for construction. It is glass whose safety properties are acquired through a heating and cooling procedure called "hardening". Rapid cooling of the incredibly hot glass causes the outside of the glass to solidify faster than the center, leaving it in tension. This makes glass significantly stronger and more durable than regular glass.
Pros and cons of tempered glass
- Let's start with the main advantages.
- Security. In the event of destruction, it breaks up into small, non-hazardous fragments. 2. Long service life.
- Mechanical strength.
- Impact resistance.
- Attractive appearance;
- Excellent sound insulation;
- Good resistance to high and low temperatures (their drops).
- The ability to create glass of different shapes and sizes;
- With all the advantages listed above, tempered glass also has its drawbacks.
- The complexity, and often impossibility, of mechanical processing of tempered glass;
- Instability before pinpoint impacts. (The glass shatters completely)
- Tempered glass usually cannot be repaired.
Areas of use for tempered glass
Tempered glass is intended for use in areas where glass can be dangerous to friends and family.
Other typical applications for tempered glass:
- Balcony doors
- Athletic facilities
- Bathroom areas
- Shower doors
- Exhibition areas and displays
- Swimming pools
- Computer towers or cases
- Mobile phone screen protectors
ARGO Glass & Windows also provides various tempered glass products.
Our company specializes in the repair, replacement and installation of any type of glass, including tempered glass. What sets us apart is our exceptional customer service. Before arrival, we will definitely discuss a convenient time for you to measure and assess the general condition of the glass and frame. Contact us for the service you deserve!
Get The Top-Quality Service with the Longest Warranty on the Market!
At Argo Glass & Windows, we offer exquisite services with the help of our professional technicians who only use premium materials and equipment.
Experienced Technicians and Caring Customer Service.
Our technicians are skilled carpenters and glazers with years of experience. They perform the works with precision and attention to detail to guarantee a perfect result.
Save money by repairing your windows, not replacing them.
Our repair solutions will not only save your budget but also make your windows look and operate as good as new ones.
Partnering with Reliable Window Brands.
Unlike other window companies who only offer replacement options, we are specialized in repairing the majority of American leading brands, using original hardware and handling projects of any complexity.
- Window Restoration
- Window Glass Repair
- Window Hardware Repair
- Window Repalcement
- Window Glass Replacement
- Patio Door Glass Replacement
- Custom Shaped Glass Replacement
- Insulated Glass Repair and Replacement
- Patio Door Repair
- Sliding Glass Door Repair
- Patio Door Hardware Repair
- Patio Door Replacement
- Commercial Glass Replacement
- Storefront Glass Replacement
- Commercial Storefront Doors
- Commercial Storefront Windows