We offer top quality energy efficient casement windows. They are installed by our professional team to reach the perfect result![+more]
What if a part of the window has ceased to fulfill its main functions and has lost its aesthetic appearance? Is there a creak and crackling sound from the opening or is it heard during use? One of the solutions is to replace the plastic window sash.
What leads to replacement
- Manufacturing technology or installation rules are violated. If the sash was initially made poorly, then problems with this unit cannot be avoided in the future. For example, when this part of the window is larger than necessary, then it will inevitably wear out the frame, there will be extraneous sounds, difficulties in operating the system. If the sash is less than the required size, then due to insufficient overlap, there will be blowing and drafts. In both cases, the window sector must be replaced.
- Significant chipping or cracking of the frame. This happens with improper use, attempted burglary, mechanical damage, say, during repair or installation work, a sharp opening of a window in strong gusts of wind.
- Violation of aesthetic indicators. Swelling of the lamination of the frame, the appearance of yellowness and scratches of various origins is often observed. There are also cases of sticking of the protective film to the sash surface. Replacing a unit that has lost its visual appeal is the best solution in this situation.
The most common issue
There are several most common reasons why plastic window sashes sag. Let's take a look at them:
- Sash weight. One of the reasons the sash sags is its own weight. This happens when the windows are large. In this case, do not leave the sash open for a long time, otherwise it will begin to sag from its own weight. In order to avoid this, you should monitor the condition of the window and regularly maintain it.
- Errors during installation. Very often the reason for the sash sagging is incorrect installation. When the installation of a plastic window is carried out by incompetent craftsmen, window owners often face a number of various kinds of problems, including sagging of the sash. That is why we recommend that you seek help only from trusted companies that guarantee the quality of their work.
- Poor assembly. Another reason for the skewing of the window is the loss of elements from the retaining structure. As a result, the window skews and stops closing. There is a feeling that the sash has sagged, but in fact it has warped.
- Shrinkage of the house. Sagging of a window sash can be caused by the shrinkage of the house, when one part of the house remains stationary, and the other slightly subsides. As a result, the window is beveled, and the sash begins to sag.
Get the proper solution for your windows
ARGO Glass & Windows provides a wide range of services related to window maintenance. The specialists of our company will provide you with quick assistance in solving the problem, taking into account all the features and technical requirements.
Get The Top-Quality Service with the Longest Warranty on the Market!
At Argo Glass & Windows, we offer exquisite services with the help of our professional technicians who only use premium materials and equipment.
Experienced Technicians and Caring Customer Service.
Our technicians are skilled carpenters and glazers with years of experience. They perform the works with precision and attention to detail to guarantee a perfect result.
Save money by repairing your windows, not replacing them.
Our repair solutions will not only save your budget but also make your windows look and operate as good as new ones.
Partnering with Reliable Window Brands.
Unlike other window companies who only offer replacement options, we are specialized in repairing the majority of American leading brands, using original hardware and handling projects of any complexity.
- Window Restoration
- Window Glass Repair
- Window Hardware Repair
- Window Repalcement
- Window Glass Replacement
- Patio Door Glass Replacement
- Custom Shaped Glass Replacement
- Insulated Glass Repair and Replacement
- Patio Door Repair
- Sliding Glass Door Repair
- Patio Door Hardware Repair
- Patio Door Replacement
- Commercial Glass Replacement
- Storefront Glass Replacement
- Commercial Storefront Doors
- Commercial Storefront Windows