Annealed, Low-e, Tempered, Reflective Glass
Window play a significant role in building’s appearance, but more than that – good system is necessary to achieve a good functionality of a space.
This means, namely, brightness indoors – money saving, since artificial lightning is used less. Good window improve energy-efficiency – let no drafts and less use of heating in winter and less conditioning and stuffiness in summer.
Annealed, Low-e, Tempered, Reflective Glass Offered in Illinois Texas Wisconsin :
WOOD WINDOW REPAIR
Rotten wood replacement
Window frame repair
Sash sill brickmolding repair
Patio door repairs
Window screens repair
Replacement Insulated (double pane, triple pane) unit
Single pane glass replacement
Annealed, Low-e, Tempered glass
Patio door glass replacement
Store front & commercial glass
Custom shaped glass replacement
Annealed, Low-e, Tempered, Reflective Glass Near Me
What does annealed glass mean?Annealed - colorless glass and most common used in windows, meaning of annealing is the process of slow cooling to relieve internal stress.
How can you tell if glass is annealed?All IGU must have laser marks. If the laser mark don't says it is tempered it means thtat this is annealed.
What are the 4 types of glass?There are 4 types of glass used for windows and doors such as annealed, tempered, obscured and laminated glass. Annealed type used in most all standart windows. Tempered the second name "safety glass" is used in all doors and storefronts. Obscure mostly used in bathroom windows for privacy. Laminated common type of glass for commercial windows and doors.
Where is annealed glass used?The common use of annealed glass is in window double or tripple panes.
What is meant by tempered glass?Tempered glass is much stronger that annealed. It brakes into small fractures and it is relatevly harmless. By the codes all doors must have tempered glass for safety purpose.
What is the difference between tempered glass and regular glass?The tempered glass is much stronger than regular type. Mostly is used in all doors or commercial windows for safety reasons.
Annealed, Low-e, Tempered, Reflective Glass
Glass in windows tends to break or wear and taear eventually. Problems can cause damage to your comfort and finances. With that, consider glass replacement. They come in variety of types – each one for concrete budget and needs. In this article we can help you choose an option. This would be helpful for those, who are installing windows in a space they just moved. Remember:
Beforehand to estimate the cost of their restoration on a turn-key basis – it will definately be cheaper, faster and less truoublesome than installation of new windows.
Annealed Window Glass
Annealed glass is a good choice for spaces that require a protection against external conditions – they are resilient and tough because of their method of making. It is also one of the cheapest options of window panes.
Annealed glass benefits:
- Stress-resistance – special technology gives glass it’s characteristics of toughness. It can be treated in many ways and still not break – polishing, cutting, drilling etc.
- It is easy to make – therefore a price is low.
- It can be processed in multiple ways to achieve custom characteristics like curves and so on.
Unfortunately, Annealed glass is prone to a strong straight physical force. It breaks in big dangerous shards – not the best choice for a space that demands safety.
Low-E Window Glass
Low-emissive glass minimizes amount of infrared and ultraviolet light that gets inside. They also let in less heat. Yet it does not decrease amount of light itself. This is achieved with a thin coating on Low-E glass.
Low-E glass benefits:
- Space stay cooler in summer and warmer in winter – more comfort, energy- and cost-effectiveness.
- They protect from infrared and ultraviolet.
- They do not need any special maintenance – a coat is placed inside glass.
Strong enough, they are good for almost any use. But a price is relatively high too.
Tempered Window Glass
Tempered glass is used all around us – from microwaves to car’s windows. It is strong, safe type of panes with a price just a little more than Annealed.
Tempered glass benefits:
- Safety – when it breaks, there are a lot of small, rounded shards.
- Durability – it is stronger than any type of glass described in the article.
- Quality – they are transparent, energy-efficient and heat-resistant.
- Flexibility – tempered glass can take lots of shapes and be colored when making.
Yet this type of panes is quite expensive.
Reflective Window Glass
This type is also called privacy glass. Not that they increase aesthetics – they also protect insides from other’s eyes.
Reflective glass benefits:
- Can be colorful.
- Visual protection – it makes a space to be much comfortable and safe.
- The Sun still can get in – you can actually choose how much of light you want to let in when choosing tint intensity.
- Fancy, dynamic aesthetics – building reflects clouds, rainbow etc.
Argo’s Other Window Services
Our main profile is the restoration of windows and glass.