Do you have a wood window in need of repair? Our company offers repair of any complicity. We can replace or repair any wooden parts of the window, such as sashes, sills, frames and others.[+more]
When you think of wood windows, their natural beauty, warmth and design flexibility always come to mind. Wood windows offer more customization options than other materials. They come in a variety of styles, shapes, types and sizes. However, fittings in wood windows may fail or over time they may start to look unattractive, but do not rush to throw them away and buy new ones. You can restore old frames yourself with our advice.
Wood window benefits
- No matter how many disputes about the advantages and disadvantages of wooden windows, but since they will provide the comfort and aesthetic appearance of your home, no other windows can cope with this task.
- They can be personalized according to the ideas you dream of - modern, historical or traditional.
- One additional and nice factor is their durability. Wood protection resists moisture, rotting and termitic damage, providing the durability you need in everyday life.
Wood window problems
- Termite infestation can be one of your biggest concerns with wood windows. This is a common occurrence in open and wooded areas of your home. The first thing you need to do is make sure that your windows are properly closed and that the airtightness is maintained. And you don't need to spray any pesticides on wood windows at all, this will only damage them.
- Weather and climate can also affect how your windows work.
- In fact, wood windows can last for decades. However, the older the wood gets, the more likely it is to rot. Wood rot is caused by moisture and high temperatures, which creates ideal conditions for fungi to grow.
Recommendations for repairing wood windows
Depending on the degree of deterioration of the windows, the approach to the restoration work will differ. Let's start with the fact that we will understand the definition: window repair or restoration are similar works that do not have a fundamental difference, they consist in cleaning, filling, painting, sealing and insulating windows. Painting of windows does not apply to repair work, more to restoration work, since it does not affect the functional qualities of a wood window. Only the appearance changes. The technology for repairing wood windows is quite simple, but it requires scrupulous execution of each stage of work.
Redecoration of wood windows
Elimination of local damage.
- identification of the site of damage;
- cutting off the unusable layer;
- the cleaned area is dried;
- application of wood hardener and preservative;
- applying putty;
- painting the window.
Overhaul of a wood window - complete restoration
- The first step is dismantling. Often, in older private houses, window frames can be removed using a pry bar.
- Glasses must be removed. They are usually held together by a few small studs, which are often hidden under putty residues.
- After all the glass has been removed, you can start cleaning and restoring the wooden surfaces. After removing the paint, you can fully assess the degree of damage to the window frame.
- Further actions depend on what you see. If there are rotten areas on the tree, then the rotten wood must be removed. Further, according to the circumstances: if the potholes are small and you can putty them, then proceed to the putty.
- The next step is stripping. The frame must be carefully sanded. Pay particular attention to the putty areas.
Restoration of wood windows
Before proceeding with the finishing, the surface of the frame must be degreased with a solvent. Alcohol will not work for this. Next, we must primer our windows. The frames are now ready for painting. If you are lucky and your windows are intact, then you can use clear paints.
Wood is a very beautiful material and transparent painted wood windows look incredibly attractive.
After painting, the frame is ready to be glazed and returned to its place, where it will serve for many more years.
Restoring wood windows is time and labor intensive, but don't be intimidated by that. All the efforts expended will return a hundredfold, because such windows are much more environmentally friendly and more attractive than some modern ones. In addition, restoration will cost significantly less than buying and installing new windows. In any case, by contacting specialists, you can make your life much easier.
Where to find the right specialist
ARGO Glass & Windows employs specialists with extensive experience. If your windows are in need of repair, please contact us. Before proceeding with any type of repair, you need to diagnose, identify the cause of the problem. Calling a master is the best way out in this situation. Our specialist can visit you on the day of ordering and immediately start repairing windows or adjusting windows.
Get The Top-Quality Service with the Longest Warranty on the Market!
At Argo Glass & Windows, we offer exquisite services with the help of our professional technicians who only use premium materials and equipment.
Experienced Technicians and Caring Customer Service.
Our technicians are skilled carpenters and glazers with years of experience. They perform the works with precision and attention to detail to guarantee a perfect result.
Save money by repairing your windows, not replacing them.
Our repair solutions will not only save your budget but also make your windows look and operate as good as new ones.
Partnering with Reliable Window Brands.
Unlike other window companies who only offer replacement options, we are specialized in repairing the majority of American leading brands, using original hardware and handling projects of any complexity.
- Window Restoration
- Window Glass Repair
- Window Hardware Repair
- Window Repalcement
- Window Glass Replacement
- Patio Door Glass Replacement
- Custom Shaped Glass Replacement
- Insulated Glass Repair and Replacement
- Patio Door Repair
- Sliding Glass Door Repair
- Patio Door Hardware Repair
- Patio Door Replacement
- Commercial Glass Replacement
- Storefront Glass Replacement
- Commercial Storefront Doors
- Commercial Storefront Windows