We offer all types of professional services for wooden window frames. If your frames are rotted or broken, our experienced technicians will inspect the issues and provide the needed repairs, using only top-quality materials[+more]
Windows are inherently susceptible to weathering. If you notice something is wrong with the frames around your windows, do not hesitate to contact a home improvement professional.
This will save your budget and improve the dilapidated window structure.
When you need to replace your window frame?
Most often, repairs are necessary due to the sloppy appearance of the windows. Moreover, this often happens as a result of applying a large number of layers of paint. Repair is also necessary if the thermal insulation properties of the window are violated, caused by a loose fit of the frame. If rotten areas are found on the window frame, then such a window definitely needs repair. Often among the malfunctions there are distortions of window frames. Of course, there are some damages that can no longer be repaired. It is also better to replace the windows with new ones if the frames are very loose in the window openings. The frames should not be repaired even if they are severely deformed or damaged. For example, it is split. There is one proven method: Press the screwdriver into the wood. If it comes in easily, then the tree is most likely rotted and it's time to replace it. If something matches, then you should contact the specialists.
Commom Issues with Window Frame
- Broken hardware or sash locks are very common. They usually simply involve the quick replacement of a damaged seal or hardware component so that the device can be functional and safe.
- You may also find that the edge of the nail or seals are leaking, allowing air to pass through cracks and gaps. A nail fin can only leak because it is loose, or because it is completely broken. In any case, it must be replaced to secure the window and prevent drafts.
- Immediate replacement of leaking seals will ensure that your devices are always in their best shape. Additional seals can also be offered as a supplement to the replacement of leaking frame parts.
- Holes and cracks are also common due to constant exposure to heat and cold.
- Another common problem that may require professional assistance is glass fogging. This is usually due to the fact that the frame or the seal is separated so that it allows air to pass between the glasses and creates condensation. This is most often solved by resealing the device.
How does Repair of Rotten Wooden Window Frame Work?
Rot occurs on frames that have been and are constantly exposed to moisture and other weather conditions. The easy and quick penetration of moisture through small crevices or cracks in the surface causes rotting. This can lead to mold growth, which will not only damage your property but also pose a serious threat to your health. However, rest assured, you can still repair a rotten wood window frame before the damage spreads to the entire structure. Check out the instructions for repairing a rotten wood window frame:
The Best Way to Fix Your Frame
Your windows should ideally be a reliable and insurmountable protection from the cold. And the first few years after the installation of new windows, this law, as a rule, is unquestioningly observed. However, sooner or later, each of us will still face some problems. Knowledge and simple skills will help you adjust the window and re-adjust the comfortable temperature in the house. With the help of the professionals of the ARGO Glass & Windows company and thanks to the high quality of the products, you will be able to return your windows to their original appearance or, moreover, improve them.
Get The Top-Quality Service with the Longest Warranty on the Market!
At Argo Glass & Windows, we offer exquisite services with the help of our professional technicians who only use premium materials and equipment.
Experienced Technicians and Caring Customer Service.
Our technicians are skilled carpenters and glazers with years of experience. They perform the works with precision and attention to detail to guarantee a perfect result.
Save money by repairing your windows, not replacing them.
Our repair solutions will not only save your budget but also make your windows look and operate as good as new ones.
Partnering with Reliable Window Brands.
Unlike other window companies who only offer replacement options, we are specialized in repairing the majority of American leading brands, using original hardware and handling projects of any complexity.
- Window Restoration
- Window Glass Repair
- Window Hardware Repair
- Window Repalcement
- Window Glass Replacement
- Patio Door Glass Replacement
- Custom Shaped Glass Replacement
- Insulated Glass Repair and Replacement
- Patio Door Repair
- Sliding Glass Door Repair
- Patio Door Hardware Repair
- Patio Door Replacement
- Commercial Glass Replacement
- Storefront Glass Replacement
- Commercial Storefront Doors
- Commercial Storefront Windows