Is your window not opening or closing properly? We will offer a quick and easy fix by repairing any type of window hardware, like cranks, hinges and balances.[+more]
Windows and their hardware are not only locks and handles. There are also sashes, latches, hinges, balancers and they are just a few components which make up the window construction. The right parts are difficult to find, but they are really important. Unfortunately, wearing out is a natural and inevetable process, which show itself with time and use. This process has a heavy effect on all the inner parts of the window.
Signs of Damaged Hardware
If you have difficulty with opening and closing windows or they don’t even stay open, there is a problem with the parts, operating the window. To figure out all the parts which aren’t working, you should remove the existing sash and inspect the track or jamb. Start your inspection with the balance, if you want single- or double-hung. Examine both sides of the windows and replace balances to continue. After removing the sash you need to check screws of casement windows whether they are loose or stripped. Depending on their condition, replace or tighten them. Then, use a product, which calles Alum-a-lub, to lubricate the hinges. In case of sliding windows, lubricate the track. Final step is inspecting rollers of the window for damage and replace it, if necessary.
The Most Common Types of Window Hardware
- Locks, if they’re broken, can become a difficult issue, while repairing the lock is generally much easier to do than replacing it. There are many reasons of its breaking, such as rust, hard use and even necessity for cleaning.
- Cranks, which are used for securing windows to make sure they will open and close in a proper way. Most of the time you don’t need to to replace the entire crank mechanism. Only a simple repair can remediate deficiencies. If the condition of the crank is poor, be sure that we will find the best new crank to replace it with.
- Latch, that is easy to break and equally to solve, but only with help of professionals. If you want to repair it by yourself, you need to inspect them carefully, because they pose great safety and security risks.
- Springs, using for balance, you can find in single and double hung windows. They help to raise and lower a sash of the window. If your sash has difficulties with raising or staiyng open, it means that your spring is broken.
Simple Steps to Identify and Purchase Your Window Operator for Replacing
For replacing the operator you should identify the type of window and select the number of arms on your operator whether it is a continious or a hinged. Then, choose the manufacturer and identify the window operator style. Now, it is time to measure the length of the operator arm, selecting the product.
Why is it Important to Choose the Right Window Hardware Replacement Specialist
With the help of our skilled team you will get your windows fully functional again. We offer quality products and professional advice, which help you to save your money and time. There are quite many cases in our practice, when just a little bit of adjustment may be the best solution to give your window a new life. You don’t need to solve your problem on your own, because we are here to help you, whatever the problem!
Get The Top-Quality Service with the Longest Warranty on the Market!
At Argo Glass & Windows, we offer exquisite services with the help of our professional technicians who only use premium materials and equipment.
Experienced Technicians and Caring Customer Service.
Our technicians are skilled carpenters and glazers with years of experience. They perform the works with precision and attention to detail to guarantee a perfect result.
Save money by repairing your windows, not replacing them.
Our repair solutions will not only save your budget but also make your windows look and operate as good as new ones.
Partnering with Reliable Window Brands.
Unlike other window companies who only offer replacement options, we are specialized in repairing the majority of American leading brands, using original hardware and handling projects of any complexity.
- Window Restoration
- Window Glass Repair
- Window Hardware Repair
- Window Repalcement
- Window Glass Replacement
- Patio Door Glass Replacement
- Custom Shaped Glass Replacement
- Insulated Glass Repair and Replacement
- Patio Door Repair
- Sliding Glass Door Repair
- Patio Door Hardware Repair
- Patio Door Replacement
- Commercial Glass Replacement
- Storefront Glass Replacement
- Commercial Storefront Doors
- Commercial Storefront Windows