Window sash is commonly the bearing structure of the window. That’s why it’s important to fix them properly to make sure they will hold the glass securely in place.[+more]
What is a sash in a window?
Sash is a part of a window, which makes existing glass panes to be in place. You can find it inside a window frame. Window sashes may or may not be movable. So, not all of them will obey your orders to open and close. For example, double hung windows have upper and lower sash, moving up and down. This causes them to be that style of windows, which is easy to clean. Unlike to a double hung, a slider window has one sash and it glides left to right. Similar to slider windows are casement windows, but their sash operates only with a crank handle.
Main issues with a window sash
This is out of question that all parts of your window have to work properly. It is needed for its long-term operation. Almost all failures can usually be resolved without many efforts, but if not, you will probably be in need of replacement your window sash. The most common issue of windows is their limited excursion. If you see your window is stuck or unable to open and close, it may be caused by alignment problem. However, if the windows haven’t been replaced quite a perceptible time, in most cases it may be better to purchase replacement of your windows.
Measuring a new sash
- Remove screens, storm windows, shutters and another extraneous items.
- Eliminate the former sash and weights. Sash removal can be tricky to deal with older wood windows, while for newer vinyl fiberglass windows it is easier because of a spring balance they have.
- Find out the height and weight of the window opening, choosing the smallest of the measurements for both the side and the top. (Larger of them will not allow to fit the new opening)
- Now you know needed sash for your window and may order it.
Handy hints and tips
If you window sash still under the warranty, you can save at least $200-$450 by calling the manufacturer and explaining your window sash broke. To see if the sash is still under warranty, you will need to find the manufacturer’s sticker on your window, which is typically on the side of the sash or somewhere on the window frame. Getting the new sash usually may took several weeks, but it will cost nothing.
Finding a professional repair to your window sashes
If you are looking for an affordable and high-quality maintenance of your window and all its parts, you should resort to ARGO Glass&Windows company. You will make sure that repair or replacing are not always so difficult, as it may seem.
Get The Top-Quality Service with the Longest Warranty on the Market!
At Argo Glass & Windows, we offer exquisite services with the help of our professional technicians who only use premium materials and equipment.
Experienced Technicians and Caring Customer Service.
Our technicians are skilled carpenters and glazers with years of experience. They perform the works with precision and attention to detail to guarantee a perfect result.
Save money by repairing your windows, not replacing them.
Our repair solutions will not only save your budget but also make your windows look and operate as good as new ones.
Partnering with Reliable Window Brands.
Unlike other window companies who only offer replacement options, we are specialized in repairing the majority of American leading brands, using original hardware and handling projects of any complexity.
- Window Restoration
- Window Glass Repair
- Window Hardware Repair
- Window Repalcement
- Window Glass Replacement
- Patio Door Glass Replacement
- Custom Shaped Glass Replacement
- Insulated Glass Repair and Replacement
- Patio Door Repair
- Sliding Glass Door Repair
- Patio Door Hardware Repair
- Patio Door Replacement
- Commercial Glass Replacement
- Storefront Glass Replacement
- Commercial Storefront Doors
- Commercial Storefront Windows