If your window glass is broken or cracked, contact us for a quick and affordable replacement! We carry both – single and double panes, that can be installed in your existing window frames![+more]
Glass is one of the main components of windows. While there are many types of glass that perform different functions, there are also a variety of treatments. One of these is annealing. Annealing the glass is critical to its durability. Incorrectly annealed glass can crack or shatter with relatively small changes in temperature, as well as with mechanical shock or stress. The term, "anneal," is mainly used to describe the glass-cooling process. It, like tempered glass, is first heated to certain temperatures and then cooled. Only for such glass, its cooling process is slow. It can take up to several hours in time. Due to this, such stresses are not created in it as with tempered glass.
Reasons to use annealed glass
Annealed glass does not have needed strength and is therefore not used when safety is an issue. However, by its nature, it is highly transparent, which allows more light to pass through it. Such glass can be easily cut and processed - subjected to grinding, cutting, engraving and carving, as opposed to tempered glass. For added safety, when used for glass doors or windows, it is usually combined in two or three layers with a plastic interlayer. As a result, it has increased durability, strength and reduces the risk of fracture.
Areas where you can use annealed glass
Annealed glass, due to all its advantages, finds many uses. It can be used for various interior and exterior glazing options.
- Annealed glass is ideal for glass cabinets as it has a great shine and provides a good view. It also is best suited in showcases, offering an excellent vision.
- If you want your home to be perfectly lit, annealed glass windows are an excellent choice. Nothing illuminates a space better than natural light during the day and starlight at night.
- Annealed glass also absorbs 30-45% of solar heat well and is therefore ideal for sliding doors.
- It is also a great option for modern bathrooms and showers. It provides absolute privacy by blocking images.
- Also, because annealed glass is very durable, the heat and humidity in the bathroom will not affect your shower.
How to install Annealed Glass
Annealed glass is a good option for interesting architectural projects. Its ability to bend, drill, cut and work is widely used to create something beautiful. Fortunately, you don't have to do this yourself. However, this is a very responsible and complex business, therefore it is subject to tremendous efforts and careful processing. ARGO Glass & Windows provides you with high quality products to meet your every need.
Get The Top-Quality Service with the Longest Warranty on the Market!
At Argo Glass & Windows, we offer exquisite services with the help of our professional technicians who only use premium materials and equipment.
Experienced Technicians and Caring Customer Service.
Our technicians are skilled carpenters and glazers with years of experience. They perform the works with precision and attention to detail to guarantee a perfect result.
Save money by repairing your windows, not replacing them.
Our repair solutions will not only save your budget but also make your windows look and operate as good as new ones.
Partnering with Reliable Window Brands.
Unlike other window companies who only offer replacement options, we are specialized in repairing the majority of American leading brands, using original hardware and handling projects of any complexity.
- Window Restoration
- Window Glass Repair
- Window Hardware Repair
- Window Repalcement
- Window Glass Replacement
- Patio Door Glass Replacement
- Custom Shaped Glass Replacement
- Insulated Glass Repair and Replacement
- Patio Door Repair
- Sliding Glass Door Repair
- Patio Door Hardware Repair
- Patio Door Replacement
- Commercial Glass Replacement
- Storefront Glass Replacement
- Commercial Storefront Doors
- Commercial Storefront Windows