For patio doors we will use the strongest tempered insulated glass. We can install it in the existing door frame, to save you the trouble of replacing the door completely[+more]
Replacing a glass patio door is one of the most common, but by no means the most difficult, types of door repair when done by professionals. However, replacing the glass yourself can be tricky. Better to save time and money by doing it one hundred percent right. If you look for the best value in home glass repair and replacememt services, you are in a right place.
What to Know About Replacing Glass in Your Patio Doors
Replacing glass in your patio doors is a complex and costly process, even for skilled craftsmen.
- Failure to remove and install the glass correctly can result in further damage to the door, leading to more glass breakage or even a complete replacement of the door.
- You will have to diligently disassemble and reassemble the door panel, so be careful not to injure yourself or break the glass.
- It is very handy to do every bit of work yourself in a way of saving money, but you may save more in a long run if choose to get quality above all things.
Looking for high quality workmanship in replacing glass on your exterior doors you can also find responsive customer service and easy planning with ARGO Glass&Windows.
What Costs Does My Patio Door Glass Replacement Entail?
The cost of replacing glass for your exterior doors will depend on what type of patio door you intend to restore. Take a couple of examples:
- Double pane glass in doors tends to be more expensive than single pane one because of involving more glass product. Nevertheless, while two layers of glass reduce your energy bills and increase the coziness of your home, the indoor temperature is also under stabilizing.
- It is usually costly process to replace the entire glass pane for a sliding door. The sheet of glass is much larger than the average window or glass door panel. But it is necessary to assure easy access to your patio.
Remember that first you need to weigh all the pros and cons of different glass types, styles and sizes. Especially how they will affect the interior or exterior of your house. Thinking of it, you shoud not forget about your budget and what is more enjoyable - how the replacement will pay off in the long-run. In fact, it is an investment that may increase the value of your home and save you money over time. As an adjunct to it your home will benefit from higher safety, insulation and energy savings.
Expectations of Patio Door Glass Replacement
When you address a request to ARGO company for glass repairs and replacements, we make it simple to provide the best experience for you:
- Professional will consult you, measure your patio doors and access the work to be done.
- We will offer a preliminary flat rate quote, detailing the prices and scope of the project. The moment when you approve the quote is a start of our lasting cooperation.
- After replacing the patio doors, we will properly clean up the work area and give you all the testimonials on how to take care of your new doors.
Steps for Replacing Broken Glass in a Patio Door
Step 1 - Trim
Replacing the glass on sliding patio doors not always entain removing the entire door. To get by without it, you can do it with the door in place. For a start, remove the trim around the glass. Insert a putty knife in between the trim and the door, use a small pry bar and hammer to its slack-off. There, you need to be careful as you work because of high probability to bend or damage the trim. It is also important not to forget about yourself. Long-sleeved clothes and gloves will protect your hands during the job.
Step 2 - Removing Glass
By removing these pieces, you should get down to a new task - disposal of the remaining glass, choosing as much as you can. Before peeling off the caulk around the trim, you need to be ready that some parts will unavoidable stuck to the frame. That is why use the putty knife to move them away from it.
Step 3 - New Glass
Make use of a tape measure to calculate the size of replacement glass for your doors. Both the height and width of the opening must be measured. To get the size you need to buy, remove somewhere about a quarter of an inch from each measurement. You can request assistance of a glass shop to cut a panel to the size you specify. Try to have them deliver the glass too, as it will not fit in a car, because they will know the best way to pack it and protect from damage.
Step 4 - Fitting the Glass
Take a view of the glass after it arrives. Necessarily make sure that the edges aren’t completely straight. In that case, you’ll need to trim them. With the use of a straight edge and a glass cutter scribe where needed. Be careful of deep cuts, as these can break the new glass. Now, it is important to be certain that everything is straight and that the glass will fit the opening. Check the measurements and the edges one more time. Then, put a bead of caulk around the inside of the frame. Cautiously install the galss and apply another thin bead of caulk to the glass. Such actions will press it against the trim. Ask your friends to help in placing it, as the glass usually can be large and unwieldy.
Step 5 - Replacing Trim
Beginning at one corner and moving around the edge a little at a time, take the removed trim and start pushing it back. When finally it sets position, secure the trim with tacks down into the door. To complete the work, you should remove any of the caulk that might have squezzed out and scrape it up with a puffy knife. Then, clean the glass of your door with glass cleaner. After this, go outside and repeat as inside.
Why Choose ARGO Glass&Windows for Patio Door Glass Replacement?
At ARGO Glass&Windows, we recruit the best glass experts, who can handle all of your glass repair and replacement needs. All you need to do is to call us and we will provide the best glass solutions with budget in mind, permorming all the work properly.
Get The Top-Quality Service with the Longest Warranty on the Market!
At Argo Glass & Windows, we offer exquisite services with the help of our professional technicians who only use premium materials and equipment.
Experienced Technicians and Caring Customer Service.
Our technicians are skilled carpenters and glazers with years of experience. They perform the works with precision and attention to detail to guarantee a perfect result.
Save money by repairing your windows, not replacing them.
Our repair solutions will not only save your budget but also make your windows look and operate as good as new ones.
Partnering with Reliable Window Brands.
Unlike other window companies who only offer replacement options, we are specialized in repairing the majority of American leading brands, using original hardware and handling projects of any complexity.
- Window Restoration
- Window Glass Repair
- Window Hardware Repair
- Window Repalcement
- Window Glass Replacement
- Patio Door Glass Replacement
- Custom Shaped Glass Replacement
- Insulated Glass Repair and Replacement
- Patio Door Repair
- Sliding Glass Door Repair
- Patio Door Hardware Repair
- Patio Door Replacement
- Commercial Glass Replacement
- Storefront Glass Replacement
- Commercial Storefront Doors
- Commercial Storefront Windows